How do I update my the NOD32 system?
NOD32 supports both automatic and manual updates. By default, an automatic update task is scheduled after the installation of NOD32. If necessary, a manual update can be forced by clicking the Update now button in the main update panel.
For update to work properly, the following conditions must be fullfilled:
Update over LAN:
- a correct user name and password must be specified in the update setup panel (if either the server or worsktation is running an NT-based system and updates are not retrieved through
- Update through a share/mapped drive: a valid server must be selected (we recommend to use UNC paths intead of mapped drives which may not work on some systems)
- Update through http: NOD32 Update http mirror
must be active. On clients, the local mirror address should be added and
chosen as primary update server (e.g. http://192.168.10.3:8080).
Update from the Internet:
- a correct and valid user name and password must be specified in the update setup panel
- the update server should be set to automatic selection (which is, by
- an Internet connection must be established at the time an update is performed